October 25, 2010

bargain blogger?

happy monday!

the windows are open, i'm burning a festive candle {mulled cider + cinnamon sticks, since i'm sure you were dying to know} and i've now plopped down to share today's news with y-o-u.

being "one-of-those" that likes to visualize what people's workspaces look like, makes the site "from the desk of..." way up on my cool list. in the spirit of sharing, the tulip louise headquarters everyone:

note:
does covering my hot cocoa with a glass cloche make sense? no.
does covering my hot cocoa with a glass cloche make it cute? yes.

on my way to run errands this morning, i found myself taking the scenic route. isn't arkansas lovely?


casual errands gear:


the rundown:
  • cotton spandex jersey headband {$4, american apparel}
  • photoshop "fashion blinders" {$free, no girl should be photographed @ 7:30 in the AM}
  • zeppelin band tee {$21.95, rockabilia}
  • l.a. made coral deep scoop layering tank {$22, revolveclothing}
  • black opaque leggings {target}
  • gilardini firenze black ballet flats {italia splurge}
-------------------

one of my errands led me to the grocery, where i picked up a few of my basics. below are a few beauty must haves... grocery style!

1- almay {oil-free} eye makeup remover.
2- maybelline clear mascara {as brow gel, for that "finished" look}.
3- l'oreal voluminous blackest black mascara {best of the best - i've even tried diorshow}.
4- almay eyeliner.
5- visine dry eye relief.


yes, with fashion as our common vice we usually do have some steep "needs" but why not soften the blow with some less expensive items thrown in the mix? {i'm typing this as i'm noticing i placed my grocery beauties on a british vogue that costs more than all of my goodies combined}...

yours truly-

TL

2 comments:

  1. The cloche makes perfect sense if you have a cat and must excuse yourself from the table! I'm not the only one in my house who likes whipped cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. valid point, marlane! hudson + willow {my kitties} can also be pretty sly, when they think no one is looking :)

    ReplyDelete